Terms and conditions - Denbighshire Archives
The information that you have submitted to register with Denbighshire Archives will be stored and used by Denbighshire County Council to provide services to you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We are collecting your personal data so that we can process the requests you submit through the website.
How we look after your information
When we ask for personal information we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need it
- to ask only for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn't
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and if you can say no
- to make sure we don't keep it longer than necessary; and
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return we ask you to:
- give us accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
- This helps us keep your information reliable and up to date
CARN Reader’s tickets are issued on provision of proof of identity and address and are non-transferable. A Reader’s account will be valid for 4 years and can be renewed on expiry with current proof of identity and address.
Conditions of Access
Researchers are expected to observe the specific conditions regulating access to and reproduction of individual collections, especially in relation to copyright and data protection. Regulations for use of material are available on Denbighshire Archives website and copies can be obtained in the Search Room.
Searchers are required to make use of personal data contained within documents in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your research will not be used to support measures or decisions with respect to particular individuals and will not cause or be likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to any person who is the subject of those data while he or she is alive or likely to be alive (assuming a life span of 100 years). You shall not make the results of your research available in a form that identifies any data subject without the consent in writing of the data subject or the data controller.
Applying for copies
Copies of material are provided with the following conditions-
- You have not previously been supplied with a copy of this material;
- You will not use the copy except for research or private study and will not supply a copy of it to any other person;
- You will not add the copy to any website or publish it in any way;
- To the best of your knowledge the work had not been published before it was deposited at Denbighshire Archives and the copyright owner has not prohibited copying of the work. (NOTE: the clause refers only to unpublished material).
- To the best of your knowledge no other person with whom I work or study has made or intends to make at or about the same time as this request, a request for substantially the same material for substantially the same purpose. (NOTE: this clause refers only to published material).
- You understand that if the declaration is false, the copy supplied to you by Denbighshire Archives will be an infringing copy and that you shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if you had made the copy yourself.
Further information about specific conditions governing the collections will be provided by staff on request.